Project Veritas once again exposed ABC and their biased brand of journalism. David Wright was filmed insulting Trump and admitting he is a socialist and the network has suspended Wright.
- David Wright was suspended by ABC News on Tuesday, a network rep confirmed
- It came after Project Veritas released a video in which the veteran correspondent ranted about how his own network chooses to report the news
- ‘I don’t think we’re terribly interested in voters,’ Wright is heard saying
- At another point in the video he calls Donald Trump a ‘d***’
- ‘We don’t hold him him to account. We also don’t give him credit for what things he does do,’ Wright says, referring to Trump as ‘the f***ing president’
- He also talked at length about his political views, declaring himself a ‘socialist’
- Project Veritas is a conservative group that records ‘undercover’ footage of mainstream journalists to support its accusations of media bias
ABC News has suspended veteran Washington correspondent David Wright after he was secretly recorded slamming the network’s political coverage and President Donald Trump.
Wright was disciplined late Tuesday night after higher-ups at ABC News reviewed a video released by Project Veritas, a conservative group that records ‘undercover’ footage of mainstream journalists to support its accusations of media bias.
In the video Wright, who was apparently unaware that he was being recorded, talked at length about his political views, declaring himself a ‘socialist’, and appeared to criticize his own network for how it chooses to present the news.
Many of Wright’s comments appear to be in reference to the general mainstream media’s political coverage, not just ABC News.
‘I feel terrible about it,’ he is heard saying. ‘I feel that the truth suffers, the voters are poorly informed, and people also have the opportunity to tune into whatever they want to hear.’
‘And so, it’s like there’s no upside, or our bosses don’t see an upside in doing the job we’re supposed to do, which is to speak truth to power and hold people accountable.’