An illegal immigrant in Chicago was charged with child rape for raping a 3 year old girl in the bathroom of a McDonalds. Last week mayor Lori Lightfoot stuck by her claim that Chicago is a sanctuary city and will not cooperate with ICE under any circumstances. Keeping criminals llike this in our country voluntarily.
“If ICE is complaining, then they should do their job better,” Lightfoot said. She continued:
[ICE officials are] critical because we have said very clearly we are a welcoming city, a sanctuary city. Chicago Police Department will not cooperate with ICE on any immigration-related business. And that’s affected their ability to conduct immigration raids across the city. But that’s exactly our intention. We have to make sure our police department is seen as a legitimate force in all our communities.
A TERRIFIED toddler cried out for her father, whimpering “daddy, daddy”, while being allegedly raped in a McDonald’s toilet, say prosecutors.
The three-year-old girl’s horrific ordeal was relayed in court, where accused rapist Christopher Puente, 34, appeared for the first time.
At his bond hearing, Cook County prosecutors said that Puente sexually assaulted the girl in the stall of a McDonald’s bathroom in Chicago.
The rape is alleged to have happened while the toddler’s dad was looking after her brother in another stall, after he’d had an accident in the restaurant.
Images of Puente on surveillance footage were circulated through a community alert.
He was later nabbed for an unrelated incident – when he was charged with criminal trespass after refusing to leave a local business in River North.
While investigating, officers recognized him as being the man pictured and he was linked to the sexual assault case.
Puente is alleged to have confessed to detectives that he put the girl on his lap, sexually assaulted her, and covered her mouth when she began saying “daddy, daddy”.
CBS Chicago reports that upon hearing her cries, the girl’s dad tried to open the stall – but it was locked.
In desperation, he ended up grabbing hold of the toddler’s legs from under the door, and hauling her to safety.
A manhunt was launched when Puente fled the restaurant.
Puente is facing charges of predatory criminal sexual assault of a victim younger than 13 years old and criminal trespass.
Prosecutors told the court that “the defendant [told cops] he was f***ed up and thinking dirty.
“He was dirty, and didn’t want the police looking for him, or catching him.
“He said he was paranoid, and looking around as he left the bathroom because he knew what he did was wrong.”
Court records show he has being convicted numerous times between 2006 and 2016, mainly for theft.
After being held on custody at the hearing – without bail – Puente is due to return to court on March 10.