President Trump floated the idea of bringing back General Flynn and making him a part of his team after he is exonerated. Trump said that what happened to General Flynn should never happen again.
- President Trump said he would considering bringing Michael Flynn back to work at the White House
- He also said his former National Security Advisor is ‘in the process of being exonerated’
- The president had spent Thursday morning in tweet storm focused on Flynn
- ‘What happened to General Michael Flynn, a war hero, should never be allowed to happen to a citizen of the United States again!,’ Trump wrote
- He also criticized James Comey, who was FBI director during Flynn probe
- ‘DIRTY COP JAMES COMEY GOT CAUGHT!,’ Trump tweeted
- Newly unsealed FBI documents revealed agents were trying to get Flynn ‘to lie, so we can prosecute him or get him fired’ in their controversial 2017 interview
- His lawyers argue he was set up and are trying to get his case dismissed
I would certainly consider it,’ he said at an event in the East Room, when asked if he’d hire Flynn again.
‘He will be fully exonerated one way or another, and he would be capable of coming back ,’ Trump noted.