The Biden family has had its fair share of legal problems. Joes son Hunter is a well known crack addict and his niece Caroline has now had addiction issues of her own.
- Caroline Biden, 33, crashed her car into a tree in Pennsylvania in August 2019
- On November 4, 2020 – the day after the election – she was arraigned
- On December 3 she was sentenced to 20 days to six months of ‘confinement’
- She will not face prison time though, and instead has committed to rehab
- In 2017 she admitted in New York to spending $110,000 on a stolen credit card
- In 2013 she was accused of assaulting a NYPD officer who broke up a fight
However, a deal she cut with the Montgomery County district attorney means that she will avoid jail, and instead serve 20 days of rehab followed by five months of probation.
The New York Post reported in July that at least eight other incidents involving members of the Biden family had seen the family avoid jail term.
‘She will be on probation,’ said Kate Delano, a spokeswoman for the Montgomery County DA.
‘Should she then violate or break the law at any time, then she will be on the hook for the rest of the sentence.’