Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. I know you guys are sick of hearing about her, but she just doesn’t stop..it’s rather fascinating.
I just read through some of the new perks and promises of the Green New Deal, and I’ve gotta say, it’s pretty craptastic. “Today is the day that we truly embark on a comprehensive agenda of economic, social and racial justice in the United States of America,” she said outside the Capitol.
I don’t know about you, but I don’t need a Social Justice policy…..I’ve had about enough of that already.
Quick rundown of some of the “radical” ideas she is proposing:
1.Pay everyone even if they don’t want to work, a livable minimum wage. Ummm..where do I begin? Isn’t that part of the reason people are starving in Venezuela right now? Who wants to be a farmer and earn a crap living when they can sit and do nothing and make even more than they would if they were working???
I’m assuming that yes, farmers do not make a livable wage in comparison to what she plans on giving everyone. Think subsidies. Think drought. Things happen.
2. Healthcare for all. Yeah, we already know how well that’s working out…
3. Upgrade all existing buildings in the US, to provide energy effieciency. Sounds great in theory, but does she realize exactly how many building that is? Has she thought about historical buildings in this scenario at all? Aesthetic considerations for home owners? How about the cost? Not saying it’s a bad thing, I just don’t think she’s quite thought this one through….
4. Federal job guarantee. Sounds like a great thing, but let me tell you this..when I visited Russia in Jr. High, everyone had a job if they wanted one. They worked very few hours though…there were 6 different housekeepers each day every day like clockwork at the hotel I was staying at. So everyone had a job, sure, but they only got paid for 4 hours…..that doesn’t add up to very much on the old paycheck now does it…
On a side note, the entire host family I stayed with, three women, and a teenager, shared ONE stick of lipstick….
5. Replace planes with high speed rail. Ummm..okay? So, what happens when I want to go to Hawaii? Guam?
As a former rider of such craptastic public transportation systems such as the rail in Washington state, and the BART in San Francisco, I’ll have to take a hard pass on that one.
6. Achieve net-zero greenhouse gas emissions. Okay good luck with that one…. She plans on phasing out our reliance on oil and fossil fuels. The impact on every single industry in the United States would be staggering. Talk about back to the stone ages. Does she realize how many factories rely on oil just to produce things for us? And once again, like Obama’s trade deals, it would cripple our economy and make us consumers instead of producers. NOT good.
7. Free higher Education. YAY! Free indoctrination for all. HARD PASS. So all the people that get educated beyond their intelligence can now PAY for everyone else to sit on their butts. How long do you suppose that would work?
While hyping up the Green New Deal, she explained it wasn’t just about climate change. It’s a catch-all bill, and one of its goals is “to promote justice and equity by stopping current, preventing future, and repairing historic oppression of indigenous peoples, communities of color, migrant communities, deindustrialized communities, depopulated rural communities, the poor, low-income workers, women, the elderly, the unhoused, people with disabilities, and youth”.
You know, I’m really sick of the race card crap. Who is being opressed in this day and age? Who is TRULY being opressed in America? I’d say all MAGA supporters for one. That’s a valid statement. Everyone else? You guys have a subscription to Victims Weekly and SJW Quarterly, is my guess. It’s all in your head because that’s what they taught you in school. Open your eyes on this one, it’s important. Don’t you think the easiest way to control someone is to make them believe they have nowhere to go? That they have no opportunities available to them?
So there you have it. Those are some of my top picks for the Green New Deal. Top of the dung heap, that is.
Like our work? Please consider donating. We can do a lot more for Trump 2020, but we can’t do it without YOU!
Can’t see the PayPal button? That’s okay! We have a link here that will do the same thing.